The Hangzhou Qiantang Bay Future Headquarters Base (QBFHB) is located in the core block of Qianjiang Century City in Hangzhou, adjacent to Asian Games Village of the 19th Asian Games in 2022 in the north and Hangzhou International Expo Center (main venue of G20 summit 2016) in the south. In the future, the base will gather leading enterprises, headquarters of international organizations, and headquarters of "unicorn" enterprises both in China and around the world. Through the planning of underground, above-ground, output density and development intensity, it will create an innovative place for the global headquarters and a dynamic future-oriented urban area.
In order to fully demonstrate the industrial planning direction, overall development and construction plan, urban function and urban spatial form of QBFHB under the background of Hangzhou’s development strategy to “Develop alongside Qiantang River”, this international urban design competition is hereby held. The results of this urban design will be fully incorporated into the regulatory adjustment of QBFHB in the future.
The competition is open to design teams globally. Design team shall fully study and understand the location of the world-class urban agglomerations of Yangtze River Delta, and Hangzhou’s unique geographical and cultural landscape, as well as headquarters economy. In this context, design team is expected to put forward industry positioning of QBFHB, taking into account a variety of enterprise types, giving full play to the advantages of industry in Hangzhou, creating comprehensive live-work area.
The work scope covers the overall conceptual urban design of Qiantang Bay Future Headquarters Base and detailed urban design of the core start-up area, on the basis of the conceptual planning structure of the Future Headquarters Base. The overall planning of the project should pay attention to human-centered demands, the law of economy, the trend of new age and the future elasticity.
The area of urban design and research includes the following three categories
1. Area for Advanced Urban Design (Start-up Area):
The design area is about 24.3 hectares, covering the development area of Fengbei Metro Station which is enclosed by Feihong Road, Ningyi Road, Minxiang Road and Ning’er Road.
2. Area for Conceptual Urban Design (Area of QBFHB):
The design area is about 179.8 hectares. It is adjacent to Minxiang Road in the south, Fengbei Road in the north, Qiantang River embankment in the west and Ring Road in the east.
3. Research Area:
It contains the design area of (QBFHB) and its "Extension Area", as well as the green corridor in-between. The area for research can be further defined according to various interests of research.
1. 资质要求 Qualification Requirements
1. This Open Call is open to all international and local design firms or consortiums. Registration in name of inpidual or group of inpiduals is not accepted. Two or more entities whose legal representatives are the same person, may not register for the competition at the same time. Parent companies, wholly-owned subsidiaries and their holding companies may not register for the competition at the same time.
2. 允许联合体报名，不限联合体成员数量 Consortium is allowed, no limitation on the number of consortium members
2. Design teams are encouraged to integrate different experience in urban design, architectural design, landscape design and industrial planning. Consortium Agreement shall be submitted for consortium application, and the leading party shall be identified; The parties in consortium shall not participate in the competition in their own name or in another consortium.
3. Considering the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on international flights, overseas design firms (which have no branches in China) must form a consortium with domestic design firms to participate in this international competition.
4. 团队要求 Team Requirements
4. The designers involved in this competition should be the staff on the payroll of the corresponding design firm. The chief designer must have the experiences of directing multiple similar design projects, or have won important awards in relevant fields. The chief designer must directly participate in the whole process of this competition in person, including but not limited to project briefing session, site visit, interim report, final presentation and answering review questions (including video conference). In the course of this international competition, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify the design team if chief designer(s) is found to be inconsistent with the person submitted in the application materials. At least one member on the team shall be a native speaker of Chinese to ensure accurate understanding of background and relevant requirements of the competition.
5. 经验要求 Experience Requirements
The design firms (consortium) with the following experiences on the similar projects would be given prioritized consideration:
a. Comprehensive research capability and practical experiences of urban design of headquarters base;
b. Urban design experience of urban downtown or central areas;
c. Urban design experience of urban riverfront districts.竞赛规则
The competition is pided into two phases. First phase is Pre-qualification and Concept Proposal, and second phase is Urban Design Scheme Competition.
Phase 1: Pre-qualification and Concept Proposal
The organizer shall set up Pre-qualification Review Committee, to perform a comprehensive review on aspects of company experience, reputation, chief designer and the team’s experience and achievements, concept proposal, etc. Five shortlisted teams will be selected for next stage. Two alternatives (with ranking) should be determined. In case any of the five teams quit, the alternative design firm will substitute in ranking order.
Phase 2: Urban Design Scheme Competition
The organizer will hold an interim report meeting, to hear design presentations from shortlisted teams and answer questions.
The shortlisted design firms shall submit deliverables according to relevant requirements of the Design Brief. Each design team (consortium) may submit only one final scheme.
The Scheme Review Committee will evaluate the deliverables submitted by the five design teams, and determine the first, second and third prize and two finalists, and issue a written review comments on each scheme and submit it to the organizer. The organizer will confirm the First Prize winner with consideration with full respect for the juries’ opinions.
Applicants submit Pre-qualification Document, which consists of two parts, the Application Document and Concept Proposal, bound into two separate books.
The applicant should submit a pre-qualification concept proposal, which shall contain no more than 15 single-sided printing pages (excluded cover and title page), in A3 landscape layout. The contents include but are not limited to (see details in Design Brief):
1) A vision deion of the project
2) The overall idea of the project and the overall spatial structure
3) A deion or partial design of the future spatial character
4) Deion of reference cases and correlation analysis
5) Cases that the design entities have designed, which has reference value for this competition
For details, please refer to International Competition for Urban Design of Qiantang Bay Future Headquarters Base – Work Rules and Design Brief.奖金设置
The Scheme Review Committee will evaluate the scheme design deliverables submitted by the 5 shortlisted teams according to the procedures and determine the ranking. The shortlists will receive the following bonuses (tax included).
First Prize (1 team): RMB 6,000,000, including bonus of RMB 3,500,000 and follow-up work fee of RMB 2,500,000.
Second Prize (1 team) will be awarded RMB 3,000,000
Third Prize (1 team): RMB 2,500,000
Shortlists (2 teams): RMB 2,000,000 each
First Prize winner (consortium) will serve as a consultant for "Qiantang Bay Future Headquarters Base Urban Design", and will be responsible for optimizing the urban design scheme and integration work after competition. The winner (consortium) shall send the project leader or chief designer and main designers to participate in three subsequent technical coordination workshops organized by the organizer.
In principle, the First Prize winner will take on the follow-up consultant and integration work. If the First Prize winner gives up integration work, the organizer will entrust another design firm to complete the work. Follow-up work fee of RMB 2,500,000 (including taxes) is included in the bonus, if the First Prize winner refuses to take on the work, this part of fee will be deducted from the bonus. The organizer will then pay to the contracted firm for integration work.日程安排
Please go to the project homepage to obtain relevant documents of this competition, including Work Rules, Design Brief and related attachments. The follow-up Q&A content of the competition will be updated on the project homepage. It is recommended to bookmark the website and check it in time.
Project Homepage: http://qiantangbay.archiposition.com/组织机构
Organizer: Qianjiang Century City Administrative Committee of Hangzhou Xiaoshan
Co-organizer: Shenzhen Position Spatial Culture Development Co., Ltd.
中国招标投标公共服务平台 China Tendering and Bidding Public Service Platform
中国城市规划网 Urban Planning Society of China Website
“钱江世纪城”官方微信公众号 “qjshijicheng” WeChat Official Account
“有方空间”微信公众号 “youfang502” WeChat Official Account